H-PYLORI / GASTRIC CANCER
- H-pylori is a spiral shaped bacteria that lives in the lining of the stomach.
- H-pylori is a leading cause of gastritis/gastric cancer.
- It is estimated that 50% of the world population is infected with H-pylori. 90% in Bhutan.
- A common bacteria that can be easily detected with the following tests:
- Urea Breath Tests (UBT)
- Stool Test
- Blood Test
- This bacteria can be eradicated successfully with a 10 day therapy also known as PAC (Pantoprazol/ Amoxicillin/ Clarithtomycin) which are delivered to Bhutan in limited quantities making it difficult to treat each Bhutanese diagnosed with this terrible disease.
SAIL in Bhutan provides Bhutanese patients in need, via free delivery of PACs and UBTs. With your help, SAIL can reach their goal to provide treatment and medication to a larger scale of patients.